Sunday, February 14, 2010

Evinrude 4 Horsepower Carburetor 90s Model 4 Horsepower Evinrude Outboard Boat Motor Cuts Off At Full Throttle. Whats Wrong?

90s model 4 horsepower Evinrude outboard boat motor cuts off at full throttle. Whats wrong? - evinrude 4 horsepower carburetor

I have a 4 hp Evinrude 1990th I pointed out in a canoe over a year. Since I was in a canoe and a mounting side which has never been able to go full speed. Recently, I have a small Jon boat that I now have 4 hp. The first time Jon took the boat a few weeks ago, handled the engine at full speed. Probably in a 1 / 4 mile at full throttle, the engine sputtered and died. I was able after a band of several re-runs and I was back, but died quickly when I handed in its entirety. I know nothing about boat motors, but I noticed that the ball of fuel (tank) was not adjusted when the boat engine switched off. I paid $ 150 for a year abroad, then had to pay an additional $ 200 in order to function properly. Nowa years later, not working properly. I really do not want to pay another $ 200 for the repair. Please let me know if any of you have any suggestions. I never thought to buy a can of aerosol carb in case they have something to do with it, but I do not even know quite ignorant in marine engines and engines in general, where they spray the cleaner. Finally, I would like to learn to do my own work on outboard, but I'm a little afraid, I will not spoil. In any case, any help would be very grateful.

5 comments:

jtexas said...

First, understand that the motor draws its essence from lubrication oil. Spray carb cleaner into the engine bypasses the need for the cleaning of aircraft, and directly into the combustion chambers, where it is supposed to do: Clean the oil on the metal surfaces. If you want to keep the engine running without oil, not in the carbohydrate-specific function.

There's really nothing that can go wrong with this engine can be determined by the average do-it-yourself with some basic tools and a good service manual.

You can take your hand or OEM business iboats.com marineengine.com.

If you really want your own maintenance, do repair forums visit http://forums.iboats.com

The engine will not run if the fuel isn't emphasis. The next time you spray, start button. If not better, fuel pump needs rebuilding.

Richard C said...

Check the opening of the fuel tank. If this partially closed. In addition, some tanks a small filter on the pipe from the inside of the tank may have become clogged.

monkey wrench said...

The library is the best choice, and I think this thing looks and (lack of gas at high speed) can be blocked if I am not quick SET rather try internet sources for information about using your engine specificaly

folke k said...

If you are so ignorant about the engines that you can be a great help to write here ...... but I'll try .....
In general, there is a shortage of fuel when you turn off the gas. There are several reasons, the dirt in the fuel filter (if any), dirt (in the carburetor float chamber) or water in the fuel. In any case, we clean the fuel system incl. Carburetor. You need to ensure service and repair manual for your engine on the Internet. Happiness .......

Billy said...

The first is to ensure that the bleeder is opened in the tank, the fuel cap should be doing it if you to stop the fuel for the engine at high speeds. open then try to packing nut on the back of the set screw on the slope before starting the engine with a round 1 is dressed / 8 and holds them until the tighting own. To do better during the vaginal approach. Good luck

Post a Comment